Ginger Baths, Parsley Tea, & Yoga

So I'm currently boiling half a pound of ginger root on the stove. Why? So I can take my first ginger bath of course!


Confused? Yeah, I would be too. Apparently it's meant to be good for hives, and I have hives. Boy do I have hives. Awful, itchy, prickly, miserable hives. This is the second time I have had them in the past four months and I'm told they are brought on by my stress.

This just seems like a big joke to me. I'm super stressed all the freaking time... so in addition to that I get to be itchy and miserable?! No, thank you! The best part is all the people who hear this and tell me (a) What do you have to be stressed about? or (b) Well you need to figure out a way to reduce that stress!

This is brand new information. Really.

Why am I stressed....
  • I work a job I never wanted and don't really like. The only positive things I have gained through the years of performing this job are healthcare, a decent wage, and most importantly to me - normal work hours. This schedule permits me to do what I love - theatre - and this is now being threatened. I don't want to have to find another job, but if I have to work hours which extend past 5:30pm I will be forced to.
  • There's never enough money and I am the bread-winner. The twinge of a feminist in me should love that. I don't. I hate it. I hate the pressure it brings. I feel caged. I'm tired and worn out. After doing this for 7 years, I would like to take a break and be a kept woman.
  • I have a job I ADORE, but it doesn't pay. This causes some people to call it a 'hobby". Considering the fact that I spend most of my waking hours thinking about this job in some form, stressing about how to make the company better, how we're going to do everything we need to do with the little man power we have... although I'm not a violent person, when I hear this comment it's like I become the Hulk inside. The anger rages and I want to beat things. Also, it shows me you're not really my friend. If you were you would see how incredibly rude and disrespectful I find that to be and keep your mouth shut.
  • I want to do too much. I want to make both of my jobs better, I want to sing in the choir at church, I want to do all the chores, run all the errands, make all the money, read all the books, ... and I can't.
  • Everyone in my life has too much going on, so even though I know I have friends it doesn't much feel like I do.

Right, so where's the time I should be fitting in the yoga to de-stress (and de-hive) myself?

0 comments: