21 Days

I've been told it takes 21 days to form a new habit. A few things just happened all at once; I decided to actually pay attention to my health and started a couple new medications which resulted in a lot more energy; I had a big meeting at work and I realized I didn't fit any of my nice pants; and lent begins this week. So, I decided to start my lenten promise a week early. On Feb 6th I decided for lent I would work out a minimum of 30 minutes per day, preferably a full hour per day - even if it's just on the wii fit that's far better than nothing.


Last week I almost stuck to it. I did an hour from Sunday - Wednesday which is 5.5 hours total. With today that's 6.5 hours and I according to the wii fit I have lost 3.5 lbs! There are 45 days in lent including Sundays (although Sundays are not really part of lent).

So for lent I am giving up being lazy and fat and I am hoping by doing so I make it a permanent habit. Also this should knock some stuff off my list. It's win-win.

0 comments: