Onward!

2009 has come and gone. I have not made nearly the progress I would have liked to have made but I just can't upset about that. When I look back on the past year I see so many challenges we have made it through and I'm so happy about that journey. I'm going to try to reinvest myself in this list, but as with my walkabout in high school I've much through failure.

When this 1,001 days are up I will make a new list - but next time I will use the list much more for trying new things than reinventions of myself. I made it hard on myself by making so many bullets things I had to stick with for a period of time. I still want very much to run a 5k and I strongly believe I almost made it last year so I will start that program up again. I found I really enjoy running outside and even more so when I bring Gatsby with me so I think the winter portion will be very tough for me. That leaves me with a few undesirable options: drive to mom & dad's to use their treadmill where I don't enjoy being praised for trying to lose weight, run outside in the cold and wet or join the local rec center. Maybe this is the year I figure the costs to join the rec center.

2010 has started pretty rough, but there are some really positive things on the horizon. I am tentatively hopeful that this will be the year we finally gain some ground and begin to feel like established adults.

0 comments: