It began with a promise to myself.

Last year I walked the Race for the Cure by myself. I hated it, everyone was so slow. I felt mobbed because I was fast anyway, so to be walking my first 5k at a snail's pace was painful for me. I vowed to RUN the race in 2009, instead I forgot about it and didn't train one bit. Needless to say I was not ready. Then I found out work wasn't paying for it anymore. Well that did it. I was tired and worn out from working two jobs - one of them unpaid. My friend who I had enlisted for moral support is unemployed so the idea of asking her to pay to run was ridiculous and I could barely afford to spare the dollars in my budget to run myself. I was frustrated and I vowed not to let it slide again.

I asked for accessories for my new ipod for my birthday. My probably unsuspecting in-laws got me the best sport earbuds available and the sport armband recommended by the apple store. (They also got me a kick ass docking station which doubles as an alarm clock and has better sound quality than Husband's stereo or my computer.)

I start today. While Husband is still sleeping (yes, at almost noon!) I am grabbing the pup, my ipod and heading to the nearby river trail. According to my schedule I need to walk/run for 90/60 seconds for 20-30 minutes.

Bring it on!

0 comments: