Take Two

Damn. This shit it hard. So I was meant to do things I ought to be doing every day - making sure I took my makeup off every night, taking immaculate care of my skin, my hair, my nails, my teeth - keeping a food diary, waking up early to get in a run before work....

If anything I got worse. I had a shit week and let it all slide. Tonight, however I decided to pick up the pieces. I have 1,001 edays to complete these things and just because I failed now doesn't mean I can't accomplish it.

This is a hard goal to take on and I knew that - it affects multiple other goals - the most obvious being the goal to lose 40 lbs.


Additionally today is Earth Day. Over the past year or two Husband and I have really begun to think of ways we can have a better impact on the planet. Some of things we have done include:

  • Recycling everthing we can (even when this makes it look like I'm holding onto trash )
  • Composting whenever possible
  • planting vegetables & herbs for our own use
  • turning off water / lights / appliances whenever not in use
  • Waiting a few more degrees before turning the heat or a/c on.
  • moving to a house where we can walk to the drugstore, ice cream shop, bar, library or to get pizza. We don't often walk, but we walk a lot more than before!
  • Buying local
  • Carrying my own canvas shoppers everywhere and refusing to take plastic bags even when it means carrying things or stuffing them in my purse.
  • Using my own handmade coffee sleeve instead of disposable cardboard ones.
What changes have you made?

0 comments: