Week 2, Days 2 & 3: On the Road Again

So my neck finally eased up and we headed up to Husband's family reunion. I was feeling a little tentative. In our half decade of marriage, plus 2 year engagement I had not been to an official reunion for this side of his family. In fact I had not even met many of these people.

We had brought the pup and I was determined to get out running again. So Friday morning when we got up, the pup and I set off. I could really feel the time off and that bummed me out. I had forgotten just how hilly the area my father in law lives in is! It was gorgeous though. We ran for probably 50 minutes and I loved it. However, later that day the combination of the time off from running, lack of sleep, exposure to cigarettes and too much sugar caused me to just drop from exhaustion.

On Sunday I bought new running shoes. This is a big commitment for me. The shoes I have been using are literally 8 years old. The shoes arrived today and I ran to celebrate.

So now I'm torn. I missed some time and my last couple runs were tough going. Do I give myself a Week 2 Day 4 or move on to Week 3? I guess that something to think about.

0 comments: